Tuesday, February 7, 2017

Still waking up in an alternative reality

I haven't posted for a while.  It all goes back to the idea that this is supposed to be an inspirational blog, and I'm slap out of inspiration.

I'm closer to identifying the problem though.

I'm stymied because I am waking up in an alternative reality.

And this reality, to be honest, sucks.

It is a reality where the United States and Russia are presented as equivalent by the US President.

It is a reality where all news that does not conform to what one pathological liar believes is characterized as fake news.

It is a reality where a bill was introduced to sell off federal lands for no profit or a loss.  (We the People defeated that one).

It is a reality where there is a bill before Congress to abolish the EPA.

It is a reality where the least qualified and most dangerous presidential cabinet in my lifetime is sure to get approved by a partisan self serving senate.

I could go on and on and on.

I keep hoping that I wake up one morning and this horrible farce is over.

But I wake up and the nightmare continues.

So, I fax and email my congressman and senators.

I read too much news.

I am a prisoner in my own mind in a sick obsession with how bizarre the whole world has become.

I have to find a way out of this.

My regular readers know that I believe we have the power to change our lives by teaching ourselves to think about and notice those things that lift us up.

I have to put my money where my mouth is.

I have to find something positive to focus on so that my energy reserves are renewed.

If any of you have suggestions for blog topics, please let me know.

In the meantime, I'm going to try to write because it helps me process.

But I'm pretty sure my writing won't be very inspirational.

No comments:

Post a Comment